Your children are not your children.
你的儿女,其实不是你的儿女。
7 J/ ]1 W0 I. Z$ N/ A! S; B7 ~They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
他们是生命对于自身渴望而诞生的孩子。
3 m# i$ f# Y# E+ \' p+ b5 DThey come through you but not from you,
他们借助你来到这个世界,却非因你而来,
And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.
他们在你身旁,却并不属于你。
8 N( `4 h' Y5 f! J7 CYou may give them your love but not your thoughts.
你可以给予他们的是你的爱,却不是你的想法,
6 m" ]5 }- v. T
For they have their own thoughts.
因为他们有自己的思想。
) n, g5 R* I) P" L- J+ I+ B ]" f6 d
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
你可以庇护的是他们的身体,却不是他们的灵魂,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
因为他们的灵魂属于明天,属于你做梦也无法达到的明天。
1 C4 l# v8 @: l9 i6 i) e5 T9 v9 y
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
你可以拼尽全力,变得像他们一样,却不要让他们变得和你一样,
* y( p! c+ j' J6 t" L; rFor life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
因为生命不会后退,也不在过去停留。
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
你是弓,儿女是从你那里射出的箭。
$ E# ]; n. q' v* b7 HThe archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
弓箭手望着未来之路上的箭靶,
" n# h K* r8 Q* k# x& w1 E3 S. Tand He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
他用尽力气将你拉开,使他的箭射得又快又远。
6 t; }1 b& ]* w5 K5 A+ CLet your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
怀着快乐的心情,在弓箭手的手中弯曲吧,
$ _7 ?0 b; i( o' y, AFor even as he loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.
因为他爱一路飞翔的箭,也爱无比稳定的弓。
———(配图为纪伯伦的绘画作品)———
纪·哈·纪伯伦(Khalil Gibran)是美籍黎巴嫩阿拉伯诗人、作家、画家。被称为“艺术天才”、“黎巴嫩文坛骄子”,是阿拉伯现代小说、艺术和散文的主要奠基人,20世纪阿拉伯新文学道路的开拓者之一。其主要作品蕴含了丰富的社会性和东方精神,旨在抒发丰富的情感。
转自《慈怀读书会》
订阅雅安佛教微刊公众号:
yaanfojiao
回复数字:
【1】云峰寺
【2】智灯法师
【3】地藏七法会
【4】短期出家
【5】传统禅修闭关
【6】义工招募
【?】帮助:更多信息请访问
www.zhideng.net
www.dafo7.org
% C# ]1 q, {" n& h! c, t4 W