Your children are not your children.
你的儿女,其实不是你的儿女。
: }' _+ A! s- D4 x# q0 b; \
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
他们是生命对于自身渴望而诞生的孩子。
. _8 R- z; R. h1 D
They come through you but not from you,
他们借助你来到这个世界,却非因你而来,
And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.
他们在你身旁,却并不属于你。
/ T- S- h' o( i, o( Y9 WYou may give them your love but not your thoughts.
你可以给予他们的是你的爱,却不是你的想法,
; L& t, h; S! IFor they have their own thoughts.
因为他们有自己的思想。
- u. p/ k) ~* n
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
你可以庇护的是他们的身体,却不是他们的灵魂,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
因为他们的灵魂属于明天,属于你做梦也无法达到的明天。
$ x( s, b! W$ {' ?! e8 T; |You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
你可以拼尽全力,变得像他们一样,却不要让他们变得和你一样,
- {, A, w7 W! H kFor life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
因为生命不会后退,也不在过去停留。
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
你是弓,儿女是从你那里射出的箭。
2 E$ S, v- T PThe archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
弓箭手望着未来之路上的箭靶,
$ G$ m( n. b0 |+ L Sand He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
他用尽力气将你拉开,使他的箭射得又快又远。
& j8 q; a9 C/ K, K) G
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
怀着快乐的心情,在弓箭手的手中弯曲吧,
6 u3 q! e. ?+ I9 v7 CFor even as he loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.
因为他爱一路飞翔的箭,也爱无比稳定的弓。
———(配图为纪伯伦的绘画作品)———
纪·哈·纪伯伦(Khalil Gibran)是美籍黎巴嫩阿拉伯诗人、作家、画家。被称为“艺术天才”、“黎巴嫩文坛骄子”,是阿拉伯现代小说、艺术和散文的主要奠基人,20世纪阿拉伯新文学道路的开拓者之一。其主要作品蕴含了丰富的社会性和东方精神,旨在抒发丰富的情感。
转自《慈怀读书会》
订阅雅安佛教微刊公众号:
yaanfojiao
回复数字:
【1】云峰寺
【2】智灯法师
【3】地藏七法会
【4】短期出家
【5】传统禅修闭关
【6】义工招募
【?】帮助:更多信息请访问
www.zhideng.net
www.dafo7.org
# B/ y$ d: P0 Q0 E' h# B3 [